Corporate Project Experience
Kestrel's analytical experience includes volatile, semivolatile, pesticide, PCB, herbicide, element, and cyanide analyses, as well as EPH, VPH, DRO, GRO, TPH, explosives, PAH, dioxin/furan, total organic carbon, classical wet chemistry and radionuclide analyses. Following are examples of projects where Kestrel provided technical assistance to the client with respect to methodologies and technical deviations. Kestrel continues to serve these clients in the technical assistance and data validation roles.
Kestrel has provided the following technical services for client projects:
- Laboratory audits
- Evaluation of multiple laboratories and eventual stack ranking to develop a preferred vendor list
- Data recovery and usability evaluation for a major engineering firm. This project involved a major, high profile DOD facility. Much of the data was recovered and significant savings were achieved by reducing the amount of re-sampling and re-analysis that would have otherwise occurred.
- Technical review of a laboratory price quotation for a major analytical project. Major errors were discovered in the proposed methodologies and alternative, more acceptable methods were recommended. This resulted in higher quality analyses with a cost savings of $2,000,000.
- Review of data usability for a significant analytical program for a major toxicology and risk assessment company. It was determined that some data was not useable. Laboratory selection for future projects was based on a critical review of these data.
Kestrel has performed data validation services for the following projects and clients:
- FUSRAP project for a major engineering firm using US Army Corp Data Evaluation Guidance
- Decommissioning of a nuclear facility for a major engineering firm using RCRA SW-846 and radionuclide methodologies, USEPA Region I, MARLAP and QAPP protocols
- SIPS project for a major engineering firm using CLP methodologies according to USEPA Region I, Tier II and Tier III, and MARLAP protocols
- Multiple assessment studies for a state agency for CLP and dioxin data according to USEPA Region I, Tier II and Tier III protocols, and method specifications
- Army Corp project for a major engineering firm utilizing RCRA SW-846 and EPA alpha, beta, and gamma radionuclide methodologies and Army Corp chemical and USEPA Region II validation protocols
- Army Corp project for a major engineering firm utilizing RCRA SW-846 methodologies and Army Corp and USEPA Region I validation protocols
- Air National Guard projects for a major engineering firm utilizing USEPA Region I and ANG validation protocols
- Navy project for a major engineering firm utilizing RCRA SW-846 methodologies performed according to Navy and USEPA Region I protocols
- Private project for a a major toxicology and risk assessment company utilizing volatile, semivolatile, PCB, and elemental "CLP-like" RCRA SW-846 methodologies
- Brownsfields project for a major engineering firm utilizing modified Tier II protocols and RCRA SW-846 methodologies
- AFCEE project for a major engineering firm utilizing RCRA SW-846 methodologies and AFCEE and National Functional Guidelines protocols for data entered into ERPIMS
- AFCEE project for a major engineering firm utilizing utilizing RCRA SW-846 methodologies and AFCEE and base-wide QAPP protocols for data entered into ERPIMS
This page was last updated on June 14, 2006.